1. Justice Nguyen - The best bf I ever had in my life. I never expected to be in a relationship with you or in a relationship for this long. But you know, shit happens. And in the end, everything happens for a reason. Who is always here for me, to love, to care, and support me through everything. I love you for that. <3
2. My grandpa (mom’s side) - Even though my grandpa is no longer physically with me, he is always in my thoughts and my prayers. May he look over me, protect me, and guide me along the right path towards a bright future. <3
3. My grandma (mom’s side) - One of the strongest women I kno, who has raised me since the day I was born and brought me up to be the woman I am now today. Although I won’t be around as often next semester, I hope to spend as much with her as I can in the meantime and when I’m home. <3
4. My Mom - Thank you for always working hard for the family. You are definitely the hardest worker in the family. Without your determination and motivation, our family wouldn’t be as happy and successful as we are now. Thank you for not only bringing all your siblings over to America but also working even 7 days a week to support our family. I just wished you had more time that you could spend with the family. <3
5. My Dad - Even thought you bother me a lot and especially today, I still love and care about you. Thank you for always being there for me whenever I needed a ride to go somewhere. For always grinding as well to financially support me, mom, and my siblings. However, you need to simmer down sometimes and watch your mouth and the things to you say because it could be very hurtful. You need to keep in that if you don’t want people to say negative things about you, you shouldn’t say negative things to them either. *This post may seem negative, but he’s a very good Dad to me. Don’t act like you never got pissed off by your parents before. He’s always been a big part of my life and still continues to be as I grow up.* <3
6. Van - Even though I’m not as close to you as I want to be I’m still thankful to have you as my sister. We might not always see eye to eye but maybe one day we will. You do cook very good food and desserts tho. Even Justice loves it. LOL. And I’m pretty sure he told you that. hahaha. But on a serious note, maybe one day we’ll be closer again like we used to be. <3
7. Vy - I’m very thankful for all that you have done for me. You probably spoil me the most in our entire family. I appreciate all that you’ve done for me including paying for my phone bill, buying me this laptop that I’m using rn to type this post, and always buying me food and clothes whenever we hang out. You always look out for me and want to experience new things. I’m very glad to have a sister like you. I wish you lived with the family for a little bit longer before moving out, but that’s life. Everyone has to spread their wings and experience the outside world one day. I just didn’t expect your day could come so soon. I hope you enjoy the limited time you have with our family and we make the best of out this limited time. <3
8. Diem - Even though we aren’t as close as we used to be because we are both busy with our lives, I’m thankful to have you as a sister too. From all the shopping trips, to beach trips, to food trips, I always enjoyed the time spent with you. I probably spent the most time with you out of all of our sisters. I have always looked up to you because you’re the closest in age to me. Even though I don’t always agree with your reasoning and your personality, at the end of the day, you’re still my sister. <3
9. Teo - You’re the most spoiled brat in our family. You’re my only brother and you’re the baby in the family. Somehow you manage to weasle your way through most things and you seem to know how to get what you want. I hope one day you grow up and become very successful so our family can all quit our jobs and mooch off of you. muahahaha. But you do add a diff flavor in our family. You are so weird sometimes from the weird ass accents that you try to pull off to the songs that you try to sing… (you needa chill sometimes wiff that lol). I’m glad that I’m able to have a sibling like you. Even though I boss you around as much as I can, you probably hate me sometimes, but I’m thankful to have a brother like you. I wouldn’t want one that’s boring all the time and has no type of personality. <3
10. My grandpa (dad’s side) - I never actually talked or seen you or talked to you in person but I do still care about you. I don’t have any memory of you but I wish I did have some memories. I believe you passed away before I was born which was unfortunate. I hope you still watch over me and my family and guide us all on the right path so we can be successful, happy and healthy. I hope to meet you someday in heaven <3
11. My grandma (dad’s side) - I also have never seen in you person, but I do remember us talking on the phone every night when I was in Pre-K. Even though I never physically met you, I still cared for you and still wanted to have a relationship with you. I remember always asking how your day was and if you ate anything that. I miss those conversations we had. I wish I was able to see you once before you passed away, but I wasn’t. Even though you don’t know me that well and we’ve drifted away as I grew older, I hope you still watch over me, keeping me safe, happy, and healthy. I hope to meet you someday in heaven as well. <3
12. I’m thankful for always having a comfortable house to life in. It’s not the biggest house, but it’s a good size for me and the size of our family. I’m glad that everyone is able to have their own room and their own space because I know some families don’t have that. They have to share rooms with siblings, maybe even multiple siblings and that’s it. That’s their lifestyle that they have to live.
13. I’m thankful for a house with a roof over my head. Nowadays, I think more and more people are being homeless because of the economic situation. Tbh, idk if we still in an economic crisis, but I think we are because there still tons of people that are unemployed and living on the streets. You guys are troopers, especially with the cold weather we’ve been experiencing lately. I hope you homeless people will be able to live in a safe environment again one day.
14. I’m thankful for a bed to sleep on every night. I know there’s some homeless people out there or even people that aren’t homeless that might not have the most comfortable bed to sleep on every night. I hope you guys somehow find a way to get better living situations because I wish everyone was able to sleep as comfortably as me.
15. I’m thankful for having a closet full of clothes. Like my mom and my grandma has always told me, some people in Vietnam only have one outfit that they wear all day everyday. That outfit gets washed and then it gets reworn right after.
16. I’m thankful for having more than one pair of shoes to choose from. Cuz you know, when it comes to shoes, a girl gotta have her options !
17. I’m thankful for always having plenty of food to eat. I’m glad my mom always stocks up on that shit. LOL.
18. I’m thankful for my life. For living this many years, for being able to experience and enjoy all that I have had in my life. Some people take their own life for granted, especially when they decide to commit suicide. I believe that God gives you your life and He is the only one that will decide when He thinks He should take that away from you.
19. I’m thankful for being Vietnamese. I LOVE LOVE LOVE viet food. I’m so glad I’m Vietnamese so I can request these foods on the reg. Not only are these foods better than the ones in the Viet restaurants in the area, but they’re FREE ! LOL. Even better ! #CheapAssAsianProbs
20. I’m thankful for my friends. All of you guys that have been there for me on my darkest days and there for me during my happiest times. The old friends and the new friends. All the experience that I have went through show me that I know who my true friends are and that’s all that matters to me. I’m not gonna write about each and everyone of you individually cuz I’m getting kinda lazy. LOL. sorry ! I didn’t even expect to write this much for each number.
21. I’m thankful for having a car that I could call mine. Even though, I haven’t always treated you the best, especially recently, I appreciate the fact that my parents gave me a car. Some parents and families nowadays want their kids to buy their own car and fend for themselves when it comes to the financial aspects of it and I’m glad my parents took that weight off of my shoulders.
22. I’m thankful for being able to go to college. I’m glad that I can attend college and not have to worry about how I’m going to be able to pay for it and dealing with the loan process. I’m thankful to have a family that take good care of me financially so I don’t have to worry about anything besides getting good grades and doing well for my future. Also, some people today may not get the opportunity to go to college at all or go to their first pick. I’m glad I was able to go to my first pick and I enjoy the experience so far.
23. I’m thankful for all the opportunities I’ve had in my life to further my career and actually make some guap ! I’m glad that I got to experience these things and not to be cocky but i’m very proud of myself for all that I’ve accomplished. Even though I never had a legit long-term job, I appreciate all the opportunities that have been presented to me.
24. I’m thankful for twitter. Without my twitter, I woulda probably gone crazy. I love using twitter as a way to vent and talk about my daily life and what I’m currently experiencing at the moment.
25. I’m thankful for music. I love losing myself in music whether mi dangs sing them or even asian ass biddies/niggies. Some ppl aren’t able to listen to whatever music that pleases them but i’m able to.
26. I’m thankful for Black Friday coming up soon ! I can’t wait to get my new baby. xo (YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ;))
27. I’m thankful for my tumblr. Without me getting interested in it, I wouldn’t be here typing this long ass essay rn.
28. I’m thankful for having a thanksgiving feast tmr with my family. I’ve been waiting for this for awhile now. I can’t wait to get stuffed tmr like my turkey ! LOL. I can’t wait to devour my face in all the apple pies that I been craving. I’m glad that my family actually celebrates a traditional thanksgiving because I know some families don’t do that or haven’t ever done that.
*I kno I’m kinda early but ask me if i care ! It’s only early by one day dude ! I decided to challenge myself with this because I usually hate writing long posts like this. Ain’t nobody got time for that nah mean, jelly bean ?! I decided to write about 28 things I’m thankful for because this year Thanksgiving falls on the 28th of November. I don’t care if people actually do read this or not. What I want to share with the world is my business. My tumblr includes posts that I reblog because I like or agree with the posts. I also have posts that I write for myself because I want to express myself and my thoughts. In this post I haven’t even written all that I wanted to write because I just wrote what currently came to mind. If I wanted to write down everything that I feel, this woulda took me days and it woulda been a lot longer !*
*I challenge you to write 28 things that you’re thankful for to ! It’s harder than you think !!! ;PP *